Script – Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Installer
Posted on June 21, 2017
This script will simply install the Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware tool that is provided free from Kaspersky. If the tool is already installed, or if KIS is installed (which includes the anti-ransomware tool), the script will note that and exit. I talked with some Kaspersky people at Automation Nation and was informed that this tool pairs well with any AV and should cause no issues, but please use it under your own discernment.
What does the script do?
– It checks for KIS/KAR and exits if found
– Downloads the msi to install
– – Tickets if the download fails
– Installs KAR silently
– Checks for the presence of the installed application files
– – Tickets if the files aren’t found
– Flags the computer as needing a reboot
Note that you will need to reboot the computer in order for the application to work. This script doesn’t force that reboot, it just flags the computer as needing it. This means that your reboot needed after updates monitor should catch it and prompt the user to reboot. Alternatively, you can certainly add to the script to force the reboot.