CWA Plugin: Glued – Sync information and passwords with IT Glue
Posted on November 21, 2019
Automate does a great job of collecting information. IT Glue does a great job of storing information. So what if we could get the information that CWA is collecting dumped right into ITG? Well now you can. This new plugin allows you to update flexible assets and configs, retrieve information from flexible assets and configs, synchronize passwords, and more.
What it does:
- Synchronize passwords (individually selected per client) to and from each platform
- Passwords are first created in ITG and then updated in either platform and synchronized.
- Synchronize network device information from CWA to ITG
- Synchronize network printers from CWA to ITG
- Synchronize MalwareBytes data from CWA to ITG
- Synchronize Webroot data from CWA to ITG
- Backup CWA scripts and have a change log
- Backup user information from the ActiveDirectory plugin
- Provide script functions that allow you to:
- Create a flexible asset with a list of network shares and the permissions on computers
- Retrieve information from an ITG config
- Retrieve information from a flexible asset
- Update the information in an ITG config
- Update the information in a flexible asset
- Upload a file to a flexible asset
- This means that you can create a completely custom flexible asset and synchronize ANY data to it via script!
What it doesn’t do:
- Require a minimum number of companies
- Require a long-term commitment (monthly subscription only)
- Require per-company charges
- Require the use of built-in flexible assets (you can modify ANY flexible asset type)
While you can already update flexible assets any way you see fit, we’re working to bring in more built-in data collection items. These include data from O365, Azure, AWS, Datto, StorageCraft, Acronis, and others. Having more built-in functions to retrieve information from computers (Bitlocker keys, ADUC, etc) and network devices (firewall backups) and store that into flexible assets or configs is also in the works.
Sound good? This plugin is already off to a great start and it’s only going to get better. Get started with it and help shape the future of it by providing your feedback so that it can be as useful as possible for you. Subscribe below and install via the plugin installer to get started! There’s also a ton of articles in the KB on how to use the various aspects of the plugin.