LabTech Touch – Lots of updates
Posted on February 16, 2016
The last two updates have seen a ton of changes for Touch. We’ll itemize them real quick and then address a few individually:
- Computer info screen has more panels for at-a-glance information.
- Computer info panels are now collapsible and hideable (via right-click).
- Faster information refreshes.
- More responsive windows while waiting for commands to complete.
- Submit feedback button in the top toolbar.
- Improved computer search screen.
- Lists are more touch friendly in computer tabs for software, processes, etc.
- Multiple patches can be installed/uninstalled at a time via Patches tab.
- Filter now available for software and patching.
- User auditing is enabled.
- Fixed issue with WOL not working under some circumstances.
- Bigger tabs on computer screen for easier navigation via touch.
- Support for checking files (via the Drives tab) against VirusTotal.com.
Overall, we’ve made the client easier to use with Touch, but still definitely usable with a mouse. Speed is increased, more information is available, and overall we’ve got a larger feature set.
Filtering: To make it easier to see exactly what you want to see in certain tabs, there are some buttons to do some filtering. This means you don’t have to search or jump through hoops (which is really hard to do with just your finger).
Auditing: Auditing is now enabled for user actions. As new features are added, we’ll continue to keep up with that as well.
Collapsible panes: The At-A-Glance screen no includes panes that can be collapsed (to save space) or hidden altogether. This allows you to see only the information that you care about, but making the rest readily available.
VirusTotal: This feature will allow you to right-click a file within the explorer in the drive tab and check the file’s hash against VirusTotal.com. While you can’t submit new files for analysis (yet), their database is huge – and ever growing – and there’s a good chance the file has already been scanned recently. This results shown will tell you how many scanners checked the file, how many found something, and an option to view the permalink on VirusTotal so you can get a better breakdown. To use this feature, you’ll need to sign up for a free public API key on their website and plug it into the Admin Settings window in Touch.
ScreenConnect: We know that some people are having trouble using SC and are getting a 500 error. We’re working hard to solve this and hope to have an update available soon to resolve this issue.
Again, we appreciate any feedback and hope you enjoy using this tool!