Quick tutorial: How to enable warranty date information to copy from Automate to Manage/Autotask
Posted on August 27, 2018
In the excitement of getting the feature available, I forgot that not everyone knows how to set up asset sync properly. So, here’s a quick tutorial on how to sync the warranty information from Autoamte to your PSA.
- Go to Dashboard\Config\Integrations\Warranty Looker Upper and check the box to “Copy Warranty Data To Computers Table”. Save.
- Open up the Manage Integration or Autotask Integration plugin from Automate.
- Go to the Field Mapping section and the Device API Field Mapping tab.
- For Purchase Date, select Computer.Asset.TagDate from the Automate Field drop down.
- For WarrantyExpiration, choose Computer.ASset.WarrantyEndDate from the Automate Field.
- Click Save.
- Either wait for the automatic asset sync to happen, or go to the Asset Sync section and initiate a sync. Warranty information should then be available in your PSA.
As always, enjoy and thanks for the feedback from those the requested information on how to do this!