LabTech Plugin: Datto Monitor
Posted on June 3, 2016
If you need to regularly check in on your Datto backup devices to see what’s going on with them, you know that there can be a lot of information available, but not always in an easily viewable way. This plugin aims to fix that. Open it from the View Menu and you can get at-a-glance information on all Datto devices, as well as screenshot, offsite, and backup issues. Click on a device and drill down to see the agents and issues. This plugin allows you to quickly determine agents that haven’t recently backed up, taken a screenshot, or synced a point offsite. You can also filter and sort on device and agent devices, create reports and get trend analysis on the available information.
New: A new feature is the storage calculator tab to help you properly size Datto devices. You can get some more information here.
How to use this plugin:
- Install the plugin from the Plugin Installer and restart LabTech Control Center
- Open the config screen and input your XML API Key in Dashboard\Config\Integration\Datto Monitor
- Configure ticketing while you’re here
- If you purchased a subscription, enter your License key here as well
- Open the plugin from View->Datto Monitor and click the Refresh Devices button (this will automatically refresh every hour)
- Get to work!
How to obtain your Datto API key:
- Log-in to the Datto portal and go to Admin->Integrations (or cheat and use this link)
- Ensure the API is enabled
- Click on the link for Device Information
- This link will take you to a page with xml outputted. Your API key is the latter part of the url (ie: abcdefghijklmnopqurstuvwxyz in https://partners.dattobackup.com/xml2.php?type=status&apiKey=abcdefghijklmnopqurstuvwxyz)
- Ticketing is completely optional.
- You can enable and configure ticketing from the Dashboard config screen for missed screenshots, offsite points, and backups, as well disk space.
- When the devices are refreshed every hour, tickets are created based on your configuration.
- Devices and individual agents can have ticketing disabled so you can ignore devices that you don’t need tickets for, but still want visible.
How much is this plugin?
Free! You you use this plugin absolutely free. The only limitation is that you will be limited to 5 Datto devices (the first 5 provided by the API, which is normally alphabetical). If you have more than 5 Datto devices, you can still use the plugin, but you’ll only see the first 5. If you have 5 or fewer Datto devices, you can use this with no subscription and view all of those devices with no limitations. We appreciate that you’re a small Datto partner and want to give you the opportunity to grow and hope that this plugin will help you along that path.
Again, you can use this plugin absolutely free as long as you want with NO feature limitations aside from the number of devices that will be updated! you only need a subscription to view information for more than 5 Datto devices.