LabTech Script: Thorough Disk Cleanup
Posted on December 19, 2014
This is a disk cleanup script that I’ve been using for quite some time. It’s thorough and has caused no issues that I’m aware of. What it does:
– Check how much disk space is currently available
– Delete all *.hdmp and *.dmp files
– Delete all temporary files and temporary internet files from all user profiles, logged in or not
– Delete Windows temp files
– Delete Software Distribution downloaded files
– Delete prefetch files
– Again check how much space is available and log how much was gained
Get the new version of this script here!
The download link is broken.
Thanks for pointing that out. This script was actually replaced anyway. You can get the updated script with the link above.