Warranty Looker Update – Huge Update!
Posted on November 2, 2015
We’ve made some tremendous changes to WLU to make it more valuable to your company. We’re extremely proud of the result and think that you will be, too! Let’s go ahead an talk about some of the key changes:
– There’s a new dashboard that’s useful for sales people. You can easily see how many computers and servers have an expired (or nearly expired) warranty and start making revenue based on that.
– Warranty information is now discovered more quickly and through a smoother process.
– The licensing process is now simpler and easier.
– The licensing cost is now simplified. There’s a flat fee of $15 a month, and you can cancel that at any time. (You could cancel at any time before, but it was one year terms rather than monthly.)
– New manufacturer! We’ve added Fujitsu to the list of supported manufacturers. We now cover HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba and Fujitsu! We’re actively working to get more manufacturers added.
– Warranty start/purchase dates! We now retrieve the warranty start date where available. This information is available for IBM, Lenovo, Dell and Fujitsu.
– A new tab in the computer section. We’ve added a tab that is details information specific to the computer. You can see at a glance if the warranty is valid or not. Click the tab and you can get more detailed information.
– More filters and simpler filtering within the global warranty list. You can filter by company, chassis type, warranty status, manufacturer and more!
– A config screen (available in the dashboard). This allows you to manage settings such as your license key and server/workstation estimated revenue values.
– A partner plugin for ConnectWise to do warranty look ups!
As you can see, we’ve worked very hard to make this a much, much better tool for your company. We believe that it’s capable of bringing a ton of information to you when you need it, and just the minimal, most important information when you want it. If you’ve already got this plugin, you can expect it to automatically update tonight. If not, head over to the information page and get subscribed.