LabTech Plugin: Hitman Helper
Posted on December 19, 2014
I’ve created a plugin to help with malware detection and removal without interrupting the user. Upon installing the script, needed sql tables and permissions should get set, so only the DLL is included. The plugin allows you to:
– Run a free HMP scan (no licensing needed)
– View the current and past results
– Delete files/registry entries that are found
– Whitelist items so that other techs know not to delete those items
– Run a TDSSKiller rootkit check
Version 1.3 changes
-Fixed a permission issue that didn’t allow some users to use the plugin.
-Cleaned up record loading so the tab loads more quickly.
Version 1.2 changes
-Corrected an issue that prevented systems from getting scanned because the wrong 32bit/64bit version of HMP was downloaded.
-Corrected an issue where TDSSKiller scans sometimes didn’t complete properly.